Cambridge Farm Animal Referral and Diagnostic Services
- Full stabling facilities including bull pens, isolation and critical care
- Emergency care provision
- Full range of diagnostic modalities and specialist diagnosticians
- Support of anaesthesia services to cater for all species with dedicated veterinary anaesthetists
- Access to full surgical suites for more involved surgeries
- Range of surgical crushes to enable full clinical examinations and surgical intervention
- Bull and Ram fertility testing
- Alpaca plasma donation services
- Full range of clinical and anatomic pathology services
- Local patient transport services may be available (if prearranged)
- 24 hour nursing care
- 24 hour on call dedicated farm animal clinician
Alongside ambulatory services we also offer a range of referral and diagnostic services for other local veterinary practices. These services are supported by the range of specialist expertise based at the Queen’s Veterinary School Hospital and Cambridge Equine Hospital which allows us to offer a full range of diagnostic, surgical and medical care.
To aid us in our work we have a specialist farm animal clinic based at the West Cambridge site. We have numerous stalls to accommodate all species (including bull pens), isolation and critical care facilities, as well as a range of crushes to restrain animals for examinations and procedures.
We are happy to receive referrals of any farm species from any veterinary practice and are always willing to provide estimates for the work we might need to do. All enquiries about referring cases, for full work up or just for specific diagnostics can be made through the Farm Animal Reception.
We understand the limitations placed on vets by many farming clients and so our vets will be happy to discuss the case with you and provide a rough investigation plan and likely prognosis prior to referral.