Internal Medicine and Cardiology
Cambridge is fortunate to have a small animal medicine department with a tremendous depth and breadth of experience. With the assistance of our highly experienced colleagues in diagnostic imaging, clinical pathology, neurology, oncology and surgery we are pleased to offer a completely integrated approach to the diagnosis and management of all your complex medical and cardiology cases.
Prior to referral, we are always happy to offer advice on blood test results, radiographs or ECG recordings. We are also always happy to accept emergency cases (see contact details above).
Services offered include
• Free telephone or email advice about challenging medical cases
• Upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy and placement of feeding tubes
• Bronchoscopy and bronchoalveolar lavage
• Foreign body retrieval from the lungs and oesophagus
• Cardiac work-up including ECG and echocardiography
• Pacemaker implantation
• Balloon valvuloplasty
• Advanced imaging (MRI and CT)
• Laparoscopic biopsies of pancreas and liver
• Tranfusions for anaemic patients
• Bone marrow aspiration and core biopsy
• On site laboratory offering same day analyses to assist with rapid diagnosis