Neurology and Neurosurgery
The Queen’s Veterinary School Hospital Neurology Service is offering advance neurology and neurosurgery referral appointments covering a broad spectrum of diagnostic services and treatment options. The team is composed by three experienced board certified neurologists offering a clinical neurology and neurosurgery service, 24 hours a day, all year round.
Services offered include
• On site MRI scanner and a 16-slice CT scanner
• Electromyography, nerve conduction studies and transcranial magnetic stimulation tests
• Muscle and nerve biopsies
• On site CSF analysis (in collaboration with colleagues in clinical pathology)
• Spinal and intracranial neurosurgery
• Radiotherapy (in collaboration with specialist colleagues in oncology)
• Hospitalization and rehabilitation of neurological patients
Whilst we treat mainly cats and dogs, we also provide neurological advice to our colleagues in the equine department.