The Cancer Therapy Unit at QVSH is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in cats and dogs. We offer a complete, integrated multidisciplinary approach to the cancer patient from diagnosis to all aspects of treatment including radiotherapy on one site.
We work closely with colleagues in internal medicine and surgery and can provide the necessary medical support and intensive care for critically ill patients.
Services offered include
• Multidiscipinary approach to all cancer cases
• Advanced imaging for diagnostic and planning purposes
• Megavoltage radiotherapy with photon beam & electron capacity
• 3D computer assisted radiation planning
• Photodynamic therapy, for superficial carcinomas eg SCC nasal planum in cats
• Chemotherapy, conventional, metronomic and tyrosine kinase inhibitors
• On site flow cytometry service for diagnosis of leukaemia and lymphoma
• Free advice / helpline
• Options for shared care with local practitioners